Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cookin' ALL day -- January 14th

Yup.
YOU betcha.
I HAVE been cooking all day.

Dave got home from work this morning and said..."I could go for some chili..."
So, I hopped right up and made some.
Yeah.
ODD...I sooooo know! lol
ME? Jumping up to make my husband whatever he wants??? What the??

Getting back to the 'hopped right up' part...

I did just that and got out my new best friend...


and looked up her Simple, Perfect Chili recipe.

...got all the ingredients together and VOILA!
Dave was one step closer to havin' some yummmmaaayyyyy Chili!

After simmering for an hour, I added the corn masa and it was pretty much ready for eatin'.

Now, we Wisconsin folk LOVE noodles with our chili. No idea why, but it's just gotta be that way sometimes. So, I boiled up some spaghetti noodles and served up the chili...but it wasn't complete without the chopped onions and shredded cheese. MMMMM MMMMM YUMMM!

I did want to take a pic of it for ya'll, but it was devoured sooo fast!!

An hour later, I began preparing dinner.
What was on the menu?

The Pioneer Women's ...
Perfect Pot Roast
and
Creamy Mashed Potatoes

YUUUUUUHH -- UUUUMMMMMM!!!



Now, this was THE FIRST time that I was making a roast in the oven. I usually use my trust ol' Reddy, my red crock pot. I so love her dearly and hope she's not upset with me that she couldn't help out with the roast this time...

After 3 1/2 hours of roasting in the oven and filling my house with such yummy aromas, this scrumptious roast was done!
Served with creamy mashed potatoes from my new best friend and this was THE perfect, hearty, rib-stickin' meal.

No comments: