Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year...New Me?

Yeah right, huh?
If you know me, you know that I have been struggling with my weight since Haley was born. In my lighter days, I was a comfortable 150 lb. teen.



Then, I had a kid or 3 and now...let's just say I weigh MORE than that...lol.

Now that I am in my 30s, I find it imperative that I get off my butt and do something about it. So, the Moesch family joined the YMCA. Dave and I go and workout every other day (M/W/F), while Jackson plays in their daycare...or "playroom" as he likes to call it.
I started out slow, with a 15 min. workout, but I am now upping it to 30 mins. I do fairly well on the stair stepper, stationery bike and treadmill. BUT this thing...KILLS MY KNEES!!! :(
I have NO idea why I cannot last more than 2 mins. on it! AND I always have it on 0 incline and the lowest ANYTHING that it can do. I just don't get it. I will keep trying, cuz I am thinkin' it's all this extra weight that has to be put on my knees...ugh...

Anyway--I am not going to limit my junk intake, and go at this cold turkey or hog wild, but just moderate things much better. If I have a taste for some ice cream, I am going to have some, less than what I would be USED to, but also take my time eating it. I have found that if I take my time eating things, it lets my brain catch up with my gut and then I hear my brain saying..."heyyyy...all's full down there, you can quit eating now!" LOL.
In the past, when I would try dieting, it would NEVER work. Why? Because I would TOTALLY cut out sugar. No more ice cream, no more candy, no more cookies, etc...



That is why I am trying my moderation technique this time. Yeah, the weight will be SLOW to come off, but at least I am trying and I won't wanna quit right away! :)

I am also going to try cooking more. Baking...all that good stuff. If I do THAT more, less time will be available to sit in a drive-thru :)

For the past year and a half, I have REALLY been drawn to The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. (her website is in my links on the right).
This woman DOES. IT. ALL. No kidding, either. She homeschools her 4 kiddos, cooks up some awesome chow, has phenomenal photography skills and has enough time after all that to write about it!!
The UPS truck JUST dropped off her cookbook for me and I have not let it out of my sight since I opened up the package. I have read the WHOLE thing already and I am insanely eager to run to the store and buy everything I need to make every. single. recipe in that book.

I do have to attribute my new love for cooking to her. She makes it look so simple, and it really is! You just have to want to take the time to do it. It really makes me smile when I see my family enjoying what I have cooked for them...not what I have heated up, deep fried or brought home in a white bag with a yellow M on it...lol.

And yes, even me, in my little 10x10 kitchen, can whip up some yummy things!! :)

No comments: