Friday, March 26, 2010

The making of a beauty...

Today is Jenna's 12th Birthday.
She asked me to make her a layer cake. Oyyyyyy....
I beggggggged her if I could just make my usual cupcakes...lol...but they aren't really "usual".
I put my own little spin on them and make them beautiful and ohhh soooooo moist :)
ANYWAY, they are easy-peasy, so that is why I wanted to make them.
But, nooooooooooo...it's Jenna's birthday so I had to make what she wanted...ugh.... LOL :)

Then I caved and knew it wouldn't be so bad, since I got my new best friend from the UPS guy yesterday!!!

Here she is:


Ain't she GORGEOUS??? I so love her....

OK.
Back to Jenna's cake.

So, I thought, Hey...since I have this awesome, new toy...lol...I can pull off this layer cake thing!

I mixed up a cake mix, added my own stuff and fluff and made 2 - 9" round cakes.
Now, my Jenna is not a HUGE fan of a lot of frosting...so I whipped up some whipping cream with some powdered sugar until it formed sharp peaks. I used that as the filling for between the layers.





Yummmmmmmmmmm.....right?? lol
It looks like a big oreo cookie doesn't it??

OK.
So, Jenna's fave color is purple.
OH, I also went and bought her 12 purple balloons from the party store and a BIG Happy Birthday Cupcake mylar balloon...but Jackson already busted that one...that was a quick $10... :(

Back to the cake :)
Fave color=Purple. OK, got that covered.
So, I made up some purple frosting for her.



Would have been wayyyyy easier if I had one of those cake turntable thingys, or even a lazy susan, but we don't have one of those :(

I still pulled it off though!!



And of course, as a finishing touch, I put on my signature ribbons!!


Happy Birthday my beautiful Jenna Benna!! :)

2 comments:

Gisela said...

Oh yum! That looks great!!!! Hope Jenna had a wonderful birthday!

threeboogers said...

Happy Birthday baby girl that's not so baby anymore!