Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More "in-between" pics :)

We are DONE painting the dining room.
This room is the first room that people see when they visit us, so I am uber-happy that it is finally done. (well, almost...since the flooring has to wait a few months...)

OK, well let's get this party started...

Here is a pic of the small bathroom door and the ironing board storage.
Yes. This house is THAT OLD that it has an ironing board IN the wall!! LOL
It's actually kinda handy :)
And I got to pick out new hardware. I went with oil rubbed bronze. It actually looks just like plain ol' black...but has a kinda antique look to it.



This pic shows the teeny, tiny pantry doors and the coat closet.
The pantry storage used to be just a regular storage closet, but since I started stockpiling stuff (because I find super awesome deals...lol), I needed extra space to store everything.
And, everything that was in there was just clutter, so off to Goodwill it went :)


Here is just a pic of Jenna doing her homework. lol.
Well, it also shows the built-in shelf thingy...and part of the living room.
The living room and dining room are open to each other...oh yeah, and so is my kitchen.
Which is THE tiniest kitchen in the world! SO, I guess having a pretty big dining room makes up for that. But I do love my cozy little kitchen :)


And, speaking of my kitchen...since that got remodeled and painted a few years back...I just had to get some new stuff for it. You know...so it wouldn't feel left out :)
OK. I have ALWAYS decorated in a country/apple theme, but when we had to take everything off the walls in the dining room, I decided to just chuck it ALL in a box and Goodwill it. Time for a change.
Anyway, my kitchen is painted a dark red and red has always been my fave color. AND I bought this rug...

...at Target like 5 years ago, and I love how it's all different colors just meshed together.
I decided to NOT go with any sort of "theme" with decorating and just get all new stuff in ALL diff colors. :)
This brings us to my new dishes!!!!!
They were a tad pricey...but hey. It's my first REAL set of ALL matching dishes! No more hodgy podgy stuff :)
Well, I did have apple dishes...lol...but then I had other stuff and well, you all know I am done with the apple stuff...

Here they are :)


I so love them!! I only bought 5 place settings...but will get one more when I decide on which color to get.
I love love love my new Fiesta Ware!!! I got these at Kohl's...they were on sale for 40% off, plus I had a coupon for 20% off if you spend $100 or more. Yes...unfortunately even AFTER that 40% off, these were still over $100... :(
Yeah.
Dave wasn't tooooooo happy with that one, but he can never get mad at my smile :)
Hee hee...My husband rocks !!!

Since then (well, Sunday), I have gone to Target and bought ALL new kitchen towels, new oven mitts, a new untensil holder, new kid-friendly cups and bowls and a new Bread box.
Of course...all in different colors :)

Now...what to put on the walls in my dining room.....ugh.....

3 comments:

threeboogers said...

I LOVE the new room! It looks so much more cozy and I bet it just creates an ambiance for everyone that is in the room. Red is one of my favorites too!

Dana said...

congrats on the new dishes, they are gorgeous!

Janeen said...

Your blog is so pretty! I *love* those dishes. You've done sooo much work. :)